Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Roller skating

I mentioned before that Ethan is in an IBC group that has taken over the bowling alley at school. Along with the bowling alley, they have also brought back roller skating to the school to bring in a bit more revenue.

Ethan had to be there from 6:00-10:00 tonight as part of his assignments. I was already up on campus for basketball practice, so I decided I would go visit and hang out with him and help in any way I could.

I could not believe how many people were there! I figured they'd get maybe 50 people or so. Oh no, they had about 165 people come! They were almost at capacity, and they had people waiting because they were out of skates in certain sizes.

Right when I got there, I could see they were lagging behind on getting the skates sterilized and tied together so they could be put back in the boxes they came (they have them by sizes in the boxes). I just started taking the skates that people were done with and got right into getting them tied in their pairs. I think the group liked having me there and I was glad I could help them out, even if it was just a little bit.

Towards the end of the night, it was starting to calm down and Ethan and I decided to go skate. I've actually never been roller skating in my entire life (that I can remember), I was always a rollerblade girl. But I put the skates on, and after a couple loops I was good to go!
It was awesome to finally have a date where it was just the two of us. We had a lot of fun, and we can't wait to do it again!

We finished off the late night with a trip to Burger King, where I had the most amazing Whopper I've ever had (ok, I may or may not have been starving, so anything I ate was going to be amazing). But it really was good. What can I say I'm a cheap date, free skating and BK for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment