Friday, November 8, 2013

Chips and salsa

To say that I enjoy chips and salsa would be an extreme understatement. I remember growing up, my mom had the best salsa and I could sit there for hours and eat it until the bag of chips or salsa was gone (probably not my healthiest moments). I figured it was just a phase and I would grow out of eating it.

Fast forward years to now, that is still my snack of choice. Unfortunately I don't have my mom's salsa, but On the Boarder's salsa from Sam's Club fits the bill just fine. Paired with a red bag of cheap Calidad's restaurant style chips. Bam! It's heaven in a little plastic bowl. I tend to use a smaller bowl or I could eat and eat just like I used to!

I'm hoping one of these days I'll have a little garden to grow the tomatoes that I need to make my mom's salsa that I love so much, but until then, store bought will have to work. Although, now that I think about it, I basically drink her salsa so it may not be a great idea. Oh well. I just have to learn better self control or learn to love running!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I tried homemade salsa. I've loved salsa ever since. Recently I tried some from mexico. It was amazing stuff.

    Anita Mas | http://www.melinamexsalsa.com/index.php/products/?blog=2

    ReplyDelete