Saturday, July 5, 2014

A day at "the farm"

While I was visiting my family in Idaho, we went to my brother Derrick's house, which my nieces and nephews refer to as "the farm."He lives in a house on 20 acres and has things from dogs to goats and from bows and arrows to motorcycles. It's basically an oasis that you just have to visit when in town.

Landon would have stayed on this the whole time if he could!
Hunter and Bennett were a bit more comfortable riding on and ATV with four wheels and with Kim. Although, Hunter did get brave enough and rode the motorcycle with Derrick a few times around the loop.
My beautiful mom and I .
Remember how I said Landon had no fear? This is just one of many wheelies while I tried to get decent lighting. He was in heaven riding around with his dad and doing tricks.
I even got in on the action. I got into 4th gear, but there's something about only being on two wheels with a motor that makes me a little less adventurous to go fast!
Little fun fact about my dad. He grew up riding a motorcycle. I think most people would be surprised because my dad is a fairly conservative guy. He's one of those that sets the cruise control at the actual speed limit. But seeing him on a motorcycle is so fun because it's almost like he's reliving those days all over again and the teenage boy in him definitely shows through in his smile!
Evidently my parents used to ride my dad's motorcycle all the time. Look how cute they are together. I just love them.
And Landon taking another ride. Look at the pure joy that is on his face. He's ready to go, and he's ready now!
Sadly there are no pictures of Ethan or Nixon. Ethan left on Father's Day, but I stayed around for another week and a half to spend some time with my family that was still in town from our family reunion. And Nixon, no surprise, slept the whole visit to "the farm" away. It wasn't until we were packing up the cars to leave that he finally showed his baby blues. Oh well I suppose, there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment