Monday, October 19, 2015

Matthew's Alive

There's a festival here every year called Matthew's Alive. It's full of vendors and activities. We decided to head down with as a family and explore.

Only in North Carolina do you have NASCAR's at every event and festival. 
We got there too late to actually explore the inside of the fire truck, which I think Nixon would have really liked, but we settled for looking at the outside.
 After a couple hours, the boy was beat and needed to be carried off into the night by his daddy.
We enjoyed the festival so much, we decided to do it again, sans kid, with the Esselmen's! The festival had this awesome NASCAR simulation inside of a bus. All of us did pretty terrible except for Rylee. It just shows that I didn't miss a calling as a driver. It's too stressful.
We skipped the food because it was ridiculously expensive, but I did get an orangesicle Italian ice that was SOOOO good. I shared with everyone and they all agreed. But for our real food, we headed over to Moe's Original BBQ. Oh my word. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ but they had a smoked turkey sandwich that was AMAZING! I seriously even called over the busboy to tell him how good it was. If you're ever in Matthew's, North Carolina, it will not disappoint! On our way back from Moe's Rylee picked up her kettle corn, and Ethan grabbed a funnel cake to go, and we were on our way home. It was warm and sunny and the streets were alive with the sound of music! Seriously, there were some radio stations there and tribute bands on the stage. I love summer and I love all of the fun and festivals it brings! Until next year Matthew's Alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment