Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Broken glass

Remember how I mentioned that Nixon is a bit of a handful? Well, the other day I was making dinner. Nixon was having a hard day, and I was trying to stay as patient as possible. He was getting in to one cabinet after another and it was driving me crazy! I finally heard him getting into the cabinet on the other side of the island where I couldn't see him. I realized he had gotten one of the cups out and was on his way out. I didn't want to chase after him because I didn't want him to run, so I walked up behind him calmly, he started trotting and I asked him to stop. I put my hand out and asked him to hand the glass to me. Just as I was about to grab it from his hands, he raised it up and smashed it on the ground! My blood went from normal to boiling in 1.5 seconds and I grabbed him and put him on the couch. How I kept from yelling is beyond me, but I remained calm and explained what he did and why it was wrong. I told him I loved him and gave him a hug (him still crying), and then he reached for Grammy. Of course.. I don't know if I should consider this a parenting win or a fail, but as least there were no stitches from the broken glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment