Thursday, October 22, 2015

A chilly fall day

When October came around, I was ready for it to be fall. It was so warm, and I was aching to see how North Carolina would greet me with all of its trees turning beautiful shades of red, yellow, and green! I waited and waited. The only thing it greeted me with was rain, rain, and more rain. I assumed the leaves would be gone before they could even turn! Alas, a day without rain came, but it felt more like a brisk winter morning. But we had way too many days inside that we had to get out, cold or not!
I love living in a cul-de-sac. Our circle, that's what we called them, was where I played. There was hardly any traffic, which meant we could play anything from tennis, to kickball, riding bikes, to roller blading. I love that Nixon get that's same chance to run and play in our circle now.

4 comments:

  1. The circle!!! oh my gosh so many memories :) I'm teaching Brody all about living on a circle now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me there have been many gumball wars, roller hockey games, scraped knees, ice caves, goodnight kisses, and even a toilet in that circle. It really is the best living on one where your kids have extra space to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! And maybe, whenever we grow up and have a house, we'll be lucky enough to find one on a circle too!

      Delete