Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Snake bite

I debated posting about this because I didn't want people to think I was a mom who didn't watch my child. But I thought about it and told myself that I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't because this blog is my family's journal. Just like I would write about it in a private journal, I'm going to write about it on here. 

While we were in Idaho, we are at my brothers house. My nephew had been outside looking for a garden snake and had finally caught it. He decided to bring in the house to show everyone. All of the kids were touching it and holding it, and I thought it would be fun to get a picture of Nixon touching the snake at "The Farm." I was looking for my camera when all of I sudden I heard a scream followed by a cry. Nixon had gone to touch the snake, but unlike the other kids, he went straight in to grab the head. The snake quickly bit him twice before my dad was able to rip his hand away. He cried for  a couple minutes, but eventually was calm. It bled some, but it definitely made it look a lot worse than it was. On the second bite, my dad had pulled his hand away, so the fang had sliced the skin, which caused most of the bleeding. 
We got him cleaned up and everything was fine. I sent these pictures to Ethan, and he was quite concerned. To his defense, I had just sent him the picture and said, "Well Nixon just got bit by a snake. But he's ok. :)" Of course he wanted to know the kind of snake and how it happened. 

I swear this kid is going to give us a run for our money! I'm pretty sure he's had more happened in his 15 months of life than most kids his age. From chipped teeth to snake bites, we'll have all sorts of nicknames to pull from!

1 comment:

  1. You can't prevent life happening to your kid. It's how well you respond when something happens to them that matters.

    So much happens in large gatherings of people. Too many people watching the kids so no one really is. Different perspectives on safety. You were standing right there. You could not possibly have predicted how the snake or the baby would react to each other and you knew it wasn't poisonous. You were not even the only adult there.

    ReplyDelete