Friday, August 14, 2015

Saying goodbye

I swear, every time I say goodbye to my parents, it gets harder and harder to say goodbye. I love that I was able to spend as much time as I did. Seeing Nixon bonding with my parents and the rest of my family made my heart burst with happiness.

After St. George, my parents drove Nixon, Ethan and I back up to Utah. Ethan flew out of SLC and I was continuing on to Logan where I would spend the next week with my best friend Brennan and her family. The goodbye was heartbreaking. I sobbed, my dad sobbed, my mom sobbed, and all I could think of was how long it would be until Nixon would see his grandma and grandpa. It broke my heart. I would say the hardest part was seeing my dad goodbye to Nixon. They were the best of friends the whole trip and I could see how hard it was for him to say goodbye.


All I have to say is I am so grateful for modern technology that allows Nixon to see his grandma and grandpa in a box (through the computer screen)! Until next time Idaho..

No comments:

Post a Comment