Monday, August 3, 2015

Black Canyon Reservoir

We decided, one Saturday, to hit up Black Canyon Reservoir with my brother Derrick's boat.
I decided I'd be the first one to jump on the tube. Holy mistake!!!! First of all, I now know why no one else was jumping to go. Little did I know, his boat is a jet boat which means being on a tube consists of a brutal beating to your face by the powerful stream of water jetting from the back of the boat. It was MISERABLE! And to top it off, because I couldn't keep my eyes open, it made it a lot easier to dump me off the tube because he could catch me off guard. I was done after a couple passes. The kids took a couple passes each, going slower so the jet wouldn't blow them off the tube, and then it was time to ski. He may have dumped me a couple times off the tube, but isn't he a handsome guy?
This was Kim's first time skiing in almost 10 years. She struggled the first couple times, but then popped us and did great!
It had been a while for me as well, but just like riding a bike, it came right back to me. 
Cameron is always fun to watch, he's pretty good.
Whoever wasn't in the boat got to hang out on the dock. It was a nice little area that the kids were able to swim in right next to it.
Getting these two to pose normal for a picture was a little painful, so I've just come to the conclusion that this is their normal and that's ok with me.

Cameron and Donovan practicing their Dirty Dancing lift. 
One of the things that was so fun for me on this trip was to have my own baby wear the same lifejacket I wore when I was his age.
This boy is my favorite little boy in the entire world! 

We had an awesome time, and I love that Nixon enjoyed being on the boat just as much as I love it. I loved spending time on the water with my family because it brought back fond memories I have of growing up and being on our boat. I hope that my kids will have those same opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment