Tuesday, April 1, 2014

34 Weeks and other happenings

I've been MIA for a few weeks, so I'll start with a weekly update:
How far along? 34 weeks

How big is baby? According to my pregnancy app, he's about 18 in and about 4.75 pounds (size of a cantaloupe).

Total weight gain/loss:  I think I'm at about 35 lbs.?

Maternity clothes? Just the tops, I don't have any maternity pants. (Thank you gap gFast leggings!)

Sleep: Sleeping great.

Best moment this week: Realizing this is my last week of work (And finally purchasing some 0-3 month clothes, I figured he may need some of those)!!!!

Movement: You betcha! We're so excited to see if he's as active once he has a little more room to stretch out.

Food cravings:  Nope


Food Aversions: Nope

Gender: It's a boy

Labor Signs:  I think I have Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing serious!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  I guess it's my time to finally feel what it's really like to be pregnant because my hands, legs, feet and hands are super swollen. I wake up in the morning and I can't even make a fist with my right hand for the most part.

Belly Button in or out? It's pretty much flat now..

What I miss:  Most things about not being pregnant. 6 more weeks, I can do this!

What I am looking forward to: Finding a home in California.


Upcoming appointments/events: I have an appointment tomorrow and then the company is flying us down to find housing. Things are definitely getting more real! We're also taking maternity photos on Thursday! (I also can't forget to mention that General Conference is coming up and I'm so excited to hear the leaders of the church speak!)

Milestones: I've hit the 6 weeks left mark and I'm still somewhat sane!

Now that I've caught up on that, I can now say that we will officially be moving to southern California two weeks from today! We never thought we would end up there, but we're excited/stressed about the new opportunity!

Two weekends ago, Ethan and I went down to my parents house for a baby shower (Tuesday, March 25th) and a Test Ethan needed to take for work. He was so stressed about it because if he didn't pass, he would have to take it over again. I'm happy to say he passed and I couldn't be more proud of him!

My baby shower was awesome! My best friend from high school, Jordan, put it on for me and it was perfect. It was low key, with amazing food and people. I had about 20 people or so come (mostly family and members of our ward). I felt so blessed to have so many people that were there to support me and my new little family, even after being gone for almost 6 years from the ward! We made out like bandits and brought our loot home, excited to start using all of the things for our little guy!
My amazing friend who put everything together for me! I wish we lived closer!
We came home the Tuesday after the shower and got back into the grind of work and school. Our plans for traveling to California had changed, so we decided to take the weekend to go visit Brennan and Austin in Logan, to say our goodbyes. 

We got in Friday evening and spent the night hanging out and catching up. The next morning, the guys went snowboarding at Pomerelle, and Brennan and I stayed home with Lainey. I've been wanting something slightly different, but nothing too drastic, with my hair, so we put in some layers and touched up my ombre'. I honestly thought it looked way different, but the fact that no one has noticed tells me I'm not daring enough to change my hair too much. But I still love it!

Brennan had a client, so Lainey and I watched Tangled together. I wish I took some pictures because she was so content sitting there and hanging out with me, it gave me a little glance into what my life will be soon! Not to mention, Ethan is absolutely adorable with her and she loves him. 

Sunday we were supposed to take some maternity photos but the weather had different plans. It rained and snowed and rained and snowed some more. It was miserable outside. We decided we'd have to skip it and just watched a movie together instead. We said our goodbyes and headed out about 5:00pm for home. Luckily, even with all of the bad weather, the roads were completely clear. We're going to miss having them just a drive away because they truly are our best friends. Thank heavens they already have a trip planned to California in this winter for Disneyland!

With all of the traveling and everything else going on, these last couple weeks have really snuck up on us and we're starting to realize how close we're getting to the end. Only two more weeks and we're off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment