Thursday, April 24, 2014

Saying goodbye to Rexburg

It was amazing having so much help as we were packing up our house, since I really wasn't much help at all. Ethan's mom came into town earlier in the week before graduation and helped me get the majority of the house packed up while Ethan finished up his finals. My parents and as well as Ethan's brother and his wife got in Thursday before graduation and helped us pack up the rest of the house, pack the truck/trailer and clean the house. I can't even begin to express the thanks we had for everyone and their willingness to help us so much!
 Last few pictures in Rexburg
 One more of the graduate!
I assume it's because we had so much going on the last couple weeks of living in Rexburg, but it wasn't until the night before we left that it hit me–I don't know if I'll ever be in Rexburg again. Ethan and I started talking about it and realistically, the next time we come will be if our own kids decide to attend BYU-Idaho.

I was handling it great until we dropped our keys off with the new tenants and drove down our road for the last time. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of all of the memories that this place holds for me. This is where I went to school, had heartbreak, has some of the best times, met the man of my dreams as well as a thousand other amazing memories.

We started driving up the hill past the temple, which has always been one of my favorite things. Driving into town at night and seeing this beacon on the hill. I asked Ethan if we could go to our special place and he obliged. We sat up there and looked out at the little town that had become our home. My heart was full of gratitude for the time I spent there and for all of the amazing things I had learned.

I will miss Rexburg and all of the blessings it brought into my life whether it be friends, experiences or my husband. It will forever hold a special place in my heart and I can only hope that I will always remember the lessons I learned here and the people that helped me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment