Thursday, October 3, 2013

Husband-less

This week I have been essentially without a husband. Ethan left Monday to go on a three-day camp out with his IBC class. They did team building exercises, build wood boxes and basically sang "Kumbaya" around a fire. Ok, so they may not have sang, but they did do the other things.

This left me to fend for myself for three days. I have to say, I did pretty good. Monday was full of basketball and work, so it went fairly fast. Tuesday, I came home and decided I was going to take a little nap. I laid down around 6:15 or so, and who would have guessed that I'd wake up a couple hours later at 8:05! I was supposed to go play basketball at 8:00, so I got up quick and got dressed to go. After a couple games of pick-up ball I went and hung out with our friend Hannah (her husband was on the same trip). It was fun to hang out since we haven't really done much together since before they left in April. They had some exciting news when they came back--she's pregnant! We talked all about it and I headed back home around 11:30. Our room was a tad messy, ok more like a wreck, and I promised Ethan I would have it clean by the time he got home. So, I decided I had to do it that night. I finished up around 1:30 and went to bed.

Wednesday I woke up exhausted! It's been a long time since I've stayed up that late and still wake up early. But I did it and the day went by fairly quick. Ethan got home around noon, so I was able to come home from lunch and see him. We spent the evening together, but headed to bed about 10:00.

Today he woke up early to drive down to Provo for a career fair down at BYU. He had a great time and made some, what we hope will be, promising contacts for internship/job opportunities. About 3:00 he drove back and got home around 8:00.

I'm excited to have him back and to be able to have a good weekend with him. He's been gone more than I'd prefer and it's time he be back so I don't have to sleep by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment