Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Birthday

To me!

That's right. I did it! I made it to 24 with only a few bumps in the road. I do have to say, birthdays don't seem as fun as they used to. I guess I'm just getting old. Luckily, I have a husband that made it special for me.

It started off early with him kneeling by my bedside and started singing Happy Birthday, but stopped in the middle of the song. I opened my eyes and said, "You're not going to finish the song?"I asked him about it later and he said that he thought I was still sleeping. I guess that's a valid reason to stop the birthday song. Luckily I was up and he finished the song for me and then he was off for class, and I fell back asleep for a few more minutes before I had to get up for work. I went downstairs and there was a vase of flowers with a two page letter he had written me. It made me tear up a little bit. He sure knows what to say to make me feel like I'm the most amazing person.


I was greeted at work with fresh homemade sun-dried tomato and basil bread from my coworker Ericka. It was so good! I also got a song with a cute little mug and spoon with some hot chocolate in it from the other company that we work closely with.

When I got home from work, he had a present wrapped for me, kind of in the shape of a purse. He told me I had to open it slowly and carefully. I didn't expect to get a gift at all because he told me that if I didn't get him a list of things I wanted, he wasn't going to get me anything. I decided that I wanted to just be able to take myself shopping and get some fun new things, so I didn't expect anything. As I started unwrapping, I realized what he had done. He had taken a box and wrapped the money in multiple layers around that box. It was probably one of the most creative ways I've ever received money.

We then headed down to Idaho falls to go to dinner. We decided that we wanted to hit up Johnny Carino's. Both of us are huge fans of their bread! I got the grilled chicken caesar panini. I was so excited for it and then it came out. They had grilled the sandwich with the lettuce, making the lettuce all warm and wilted. It smelled a little bit like cooked spinach and I was not impressed. I ended up taking all of the lettuce off and it was decent, but I definitely won't order that again. I told Ethan that the sandwich was definitely lackluster. We went to a few different stores but came up empty handed and headed home.

It was pretty low-key and I'm good with that. I spent it with the person that I'm absolutely in love with, and we had a great time together.

Here's to 24. May it be just as good to me as 23 was and even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment