Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A little different

Over the years, I have come to a realization that I'm a bit of a different breed, a horse of a different color if you will. Things that people stress and freak out about, I don't bat an eye at. And then there are things that to most people aren't a big deal at all and those are the things that get to me the most.

I also have a bit of an obsessive personality. When I was younger, I would find a song on a CD that I liked and would put it on repeat for days, literally. I'm pretty sure I ruined a couple different CD's and CD players because of it. During college, I listened to one song on repeat every time I was studying, Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven . It had a good 300-400 plays and still remains my most played song in my iTunes.

It's about this time of year, when it starts getting colder and darker just a little earlier, that I start to get in my mood. My Christmas mood that is. And I become a tad bit obsessed. In fact, for the past few days I've already been listening to my Christmas music on Pandora. I can't help it. A few days before Halloween, I'll put on my Halloween station, but after that, it's game on for my Christmas music. I'm pretty sure it drives Ethan insane, but that's why I listen to it mostly while I'm at work. I'm usually by myself, so it's the perfect time to put myself in the holiday spirit! And what better way to do that than by cheerful happy music? There's not one, trust me. And to please my obsessive self, I will listen to it up until the actual holiday itself, and although it pains me, I then put it away until the next October.

I'm a little odd, but really, I don't think I would have it any other way. I can't speak for others around me, but I think I'm safe in saying, they had to have known, so they must still love me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment