Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was intimate, but was great as always. No family came into town so it was Ethan's parents, Jessica and Eric, and us. We all pitched in for dinner and it was a success! Eric was in charge of the turkey this year, and it was probably the first time I've ever liked the turkey! The flavor was great, and it was not dry at all. I was in charge of the rolls and they were well loved by everyone! I was also in charge of the finger Jell-O and vegetables.

After dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful weather.
We have a ridiculous amount of leaves that fall here.
Little miss Ruby
My favorite person, whom I love dearly.
Pa is definitely their favorite person.
We were throwing leaves and letting the boys play, and I think we captured some true joy in these boys!
I love Thanksgiving and for the spirit of gratitude it brings with it. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is decided what I'm most grateful for. This year I've decided it's my relationship I have with my Heavenly Father, who knows me and understands exactly what I need, and is always there to comfort me when I need it the most. And of course, I'm always thankful for my little family. 

3 comments:

  1. ok so so cute. Wish we could've been there!! Also Vanessa kept saying yesterday how Colton and Nixon look the same, and after seeing these pictures, they really do!! Love that our boys of brothers are so darn cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you guys too! Our boys would have loved playing in all those leaves. Our little family is thankful that you're little family is around to hang out with these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you guys too! Our boys would have loved playing in all those leaves. Our little family is thankful that you're little family is around to hang out with these days. :)

    ReplyDelete