Monday, November 9, 2015

A sweet moment

Last night Nixon was having a hard time going to sleep. I was at a choir practice and didn't get home until after Ethan had put Nixon down. I decided to go in and sing to him for a couple minutes. He wasn't calming down like he usually does, so I decided to climb into his crib with him to cuddle him. He settled a bit, but was still a little fussy. I took my finger to try and feel around for his molars to see if maybe one was coming through, (he had been gnawing on his fingers most of the night). All of a sudden, he started sucking on my finger, like he used to do when he was a baby. But he realized if he just barely sucked on it and then pulled it out, it made a funny suction sound. He would start giggling, then I would start. He'd do it again, giggle even harder and louder, which made me laugh even more. This went on for a good 5 minutes, and I soaked up every second I spent with him. I know these moments will get fewer and further between, and I want to make sure that I take them all in, because these are kind of moments that remind me why I love being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment