Monday, November 23, 2015

Moncks Corner, South Carolina

We took a weekend trip down to the outskirts of Moncks Corner to see Ethan's grandma. I had never been down there before, so I was excited to see how much of the boonies it really is. Every time I've heard stories about this place, I envision living in the middle of nowhere surrounded by swamps and gators. I was right in thinking it was the middle of nowhere, and there were some swampy areas nearby, but I never did see any gators.

We got in pretty on Friday night and left after church, so the only full day we had to do anything was on Saturday, so we made sure to pack it full. We started off by going to Dwayne's cousin Mark's house. We shot some guns, saw some horses, and Nixon had a grand ole' time having land as far as he could see to run around and push his little car.
I think he may have been most excited about getting on a real horse. In fact he was so excited, he was mad when we tried to get him off.
He wasn't even coerced into giving the horse hugs and loves.
On our way home, we stopped by the Francis Marion National Forest and saw a natural flowing well. Dwayne said it has been running for as long as he can remember. You can literally drink right from it and it's great!

We also made our way to Mepkin Abbey. It's a Roman Catholic monastery and the area is beautiful! People hold weddings there, families take pictures there and others come to enjoy the carvings there. This is the driveway in. These trees are some of my favorite things here in the south.
This carving is of Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem. All of it was done with a chainsaw. Isn't it incredible? 
We decided to get a couple pictures as well. Four generations: Eunice, Dwayne, Ethan, Nixon
The lighting was beautiful! I could have took pictures there forever!
We had such a great time in South Carolina, and I hope to be able to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment