Monday, November 2, 2015

Birthday weekend in Florida

I was blessed enough to be able to go on an AMAZING trip over my birthday weekend. About a week before my birthday, my friend Rylee asked what I was doing the following weekend. At that point she didn't know it was my birthday. I told her I didn't really have any plans, but that it was my birthday. She informed me that she was planning a weekend down to her parents house in Florida to visit her mom while her dad was out of town. Instantly I was on board, but I had to work out a few details like, if it was even possible, and what would I do with my child for 5 days? The stars aligned, and I was able to spend a quiet, beach filled, trip with one of my best friends and it was the best gift I could ever get!

We drove down Thursday morning. The drive seem to blow by, and before we knew it, we were in sunny Florida! I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, because I am not kidding when I say we literally spent our time on the beach or hanging out at the house. Just for memory's sake, we did happen to watch the movie The Longest Ride 3 times.. That has to be a record right?
On Saturday, my actual birthday, I woke up to these beauties. I'm pretty sure the last time I got balloons on my birthday was in high school, so it was kind of fun to have them again!
We also went to the beach for a few hours to tan and do a little boogie boarding (which we didn't get any pictures of.. of course..) But we did get some jumping pictures!
Rylee's mom is seriously one of the cutest ladies. I seriously hope that not my last time hanging out with her. (Please excuse the belly shots!)
We also went down to St. Augustine like we did on our last trip down. We ate at a pizza place called Pizza Time, which is the #2 pizza restaurant in the country. Not gonna lie, it was pretty good, but I don't know if I could say it's the #2 in the country. There was however, an amazing gelato place connected to Pizza Time that I would say is in my top 5 of gelato places. We stopped by the fort in St. Augustine and looked out on the water. It was beautiful, especially at sunset. 
Sunday we went to church and then drove around Rylee's parent's neighborhood. It's a fairly new area, so there's not a whole lot developed yet, but by the looks of all the development in progress, it's going to be huge!
Monday morning, it was back to the beach for the last time. We soaked up as much sun as we possible could. 
 We even created our own hashtag on Instagram for our trip- #kaytlinandryleetakeflorida
The time came for us to leave, but I left with such a grateful heart for an amazing husband and mother-in-law who made it possible for me to go on this trip sans toddler, and for one of the best friends a girl could ask for who made the trip perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment