Monday, January 19, 2015

New Year's in Arizona

When we were trying to figure out the details of our move, it was decided that having an 8 month old in the car for 35 hours was not going to be ideal. I decided since it was going to take Ethan and his dad (who flew out to drive back with him), some time to drive back, I'd make a stop in Arizona to see Kara and her family.

I flew out on New Year's Eve to celebrate with the Pothiers. Poor Steve, was sick with the flu, so Kara and I waited until her two youngest were down for the night and we went out to celebrate at her sister-in-law's house.
We played Wits and Wagers, which was a super fun game, had some good snacks, and brought in the New Year with Martinelli's and fireworks! 
After the festivities were done with, we gathered up the kids and headed home. Kara had just mentioned how she hated driving on New Year's Eve because of the crazies that are out. And wouldn't you know it? Some driver started driving like a complete idiot, compelling us to call the cops. I hope nothing bad happened to them, but I do home they finally got caught before they could hurt someone else!

The next morning all of Pothier women got together for Kara's birthday breakfast. It was a little place called T.C. Eggington's. It was delicious!! I got the strawberry smoothie with a bran muffin and it was SO good. I seriously wish they would consider franchising and opening one out here!
The rest of the week was fairly low-key because the next day Kara came down with the flu as well. I was kind of glad I was there to help, because if I'm being honest, they looked/were a little pathetic. I spent some time relaxing and basking in the beautiful Arizona sun, jumping on the trampoline with the kids and teaching Bennett about vitamin D (there was a song and everything)!

My favorite part of the entire trip was the night before we left. Everyone had gone to bed and we were sitting in her office. I won't go into details, but we spent a good amount of time laughing, creating commentary and ducking!

We packed up the next morning, did a little photo op, and then said goodbye to beautiful, sunny Arizona, and the west.. for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment