Thursday, January 22, 2015

38 Weeks

This boy has officially crawled!! In my mind I kept wondering why he wasn't crawling, but I just have to remind myself every child is different and no two kids will ever be the same. And although he's not crawling all the time, he is climbing over everything! He'll climb over me and the other day I saw him climbing up the steps.
He still has no teeth, but he gums things that would, in theory, require teeth to chew. He had a little reaction to mangos, so we're staying away from those for a while. He's obnoxiously loud, but it's not a crying loud.. just loud. His sleeping schedule is still a little wonky, and he's waking up about an hours after he goes down for the night, but I just leave him in his room. I don't want him to get used to crying and having me come get him. Not gonna happen! Overall, he's still pretty happy, staring to get some chunk on his legs, and we still love him more than anything!

1 comment:

  1. There is going in and there and then there is going in there to play and talk and feed and cuddle. At 8 months it's not about manipulation. I would expect his sleep schedule to be a little off. You went from California to arizona to the east coast. (And maybe somewhere else?) He has been sleeping in different places and times zones. He was just sick too. Even daddy's schedule is different. And there are lots of new people that come and go with all the visiting. Don't be afraid to just go in there and rub his tummy, arms. If he stands up in the crib lay him back him back. Don't even get to talking. Just let him know you are near so he feels safe and that it is bedtime and then leave the room. My son at 12 months old was moved to different places and time zones. Just some perspective from that experience. It's not like he is in the same place and has the same people. Probably adapting to an accent too. When others say they did the cry it out thing there were likely not dealing with all those circumstances.

    ReplyDelete