Monday, August 25, 2014

Meeting Grammy & Pa

This past week Nixon got to meet his Grammy and Pa for the first time (in person). They were an instant hit and he was all smiles for them most of the week.
Sarah (Grammy) flew in last Tuesday. Ethan was still having to work, so we spent our time just hanging out and getting her fix of our sweet little guy. Dwayne (Pa) flew in on Thursday and everyone was finally here!

On Friday, we decided to do, what else, a trip to the beach! We packed everyone in the car and drove down to Aliso Creek Beach down in Laguna Beach. Dwayne and Ethan decided to jumped into some of the waves (which evidently were surrounded by red flags warning not to go in the water), and Sarah, Nixon and I enjoyed the weather being dry.

After a couple hours we decided to drive on the Pacific Coast Highway along the coast. You can only drive along the coast so far before you start to get into the heart of Laguna Beach, and it just gets way too packed. We decided we had enough of the traffic and headed back home.

We got back home and put Nixon down for a nap, and the rest of us got rinsed off and ready for dinner. We went to Claim Jumper which is one of my favorite restaurants here. Other than a fast food In N' Out burger, Claim Jumper has the best burger hands down! I savor that thing. We ended the night with cake, ice cream, card game and lots of great conversation.

Saturday we decided to hit up the Orange County Marketplace. This is the same marketplace we got so much produce for super cheap when we went last. It was a great day for walking around because it wasn't too hot which made it a lot more enjoyable. We spend a good three hours or so there, and then it was time for the fair to close. We headed home and spent the rest of the night watching a movie (while I worked on my lesson for Sunday), and more games and conversation. Those kind of nights are my favorite!

Sunday morning we had church and it was great. I love that every Sunday we get to hear uplifting messages and to feel the spirit. I decided I wanted some photos of Nixon with Dwayne and Sarah while they were all dressed up, and it turned into a little bit of a photo shoot which I loved! Nixon was on which made it even better!

Nixon with Grammy and Pa.
 Our little family.
 I wanted to make sure that I got a three generation picture. Don't these guys look great?
 My two favorite guys in the entire world. I love them both so much!
 Is that not the cutest little face you've ever seen?
 I absolutely love this picture.
After our little photo session, we headed home to get ready for a family dinner with Dwayne's uncle and aunt, Paul and Cheri, that lives in the area. We made some Oreo truffle pops and cake mix chocolate-chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Dinner was great and there were lots of people there! I think there was about 35 people there and they only had half of their kids there. I brought my camera to get a few pictures since they only see each other every five or ten years!
And because we hadn't taken enough pictures that day, one more of the group!
We had to say our goodbyes today. It's always hard to say goodbye to family, but it just makes us that more excited to see them when we go out to North Carolina for Christmas!

Thanks for visiting us Grammy and Pa, we loved having you here and can't wait until we see you next!

No comments:

Post a Comment