Thursday, August 28, 2014

Anniversary weekend

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated our two year anniversary. We decided to keep it low-key and it was great!

We started off the weekend with dinner at a BBQ place here called Lucille's. They have these sweet biscuits that they bring to you with some type of delicious sweet butter. It was amazing. Ethan got some ribs, and I, like always, got a nice cheeseburger. It was fantastic! Nixon had a good time too. We had him in a car seat sling up to the table and he was SO loud. He wasn't crying or fussing, he just wanted to make sure everyone heard him talking, and the did. People kept smiling at us and I just had to smile back. Hey, at least he wasn't screaming right? 
Saturday night we had our friends Leslie and Martin in town. I cannot tell you how much I miss this girl! The funniest thing happened. We met them at a restaurant, and right when we saw each other we had to laugh. This is what both of us wore to dinner. We hadn't even talked to each other that day. Great minds think alike! (I'm so mad at myself for not getting a picture with all of us!)
 Her kids Calvin and Corina were having fun in old navy with all of the mannequins they had. Corina gave each one a hug probably five times. It was adorable.
Sunday they decided to go to church with us and we were so happy to have them with us. We said our tearful goodbyes after Sacrament meeting and it just reminded me why I love their friendship so much. It's so easy and we can pick up right where we left off, as if we had never left.

Sunday evening we had my favorite part--our Nothing Bundt Cake Bundtini. It's basically the cupcake version of our wedding cake we had. It was so delicious!! It's kind of fantastic that we have one less than a block away, (although that's the first time we've gone).
It was the perfect ending to a fun filled weekend. I can't wait to see what this upcoming year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment