Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blogging hiatus

Well, after traveling, our internet being out and a 6-hour power outage, I'm finally able to write! (Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture to go with it.)

The Friday before Thanksgiving we took a red-eye flight out of Salt Lake to Charlotte, NC to spend the holidays with all of Ethan's family. The flight was long, but I fortunately slept the majority of the trip. We got in about 5:00am, but for some reason, we had to wait about 45 minutes to get our bags. I was tired and grumpy and I was over traveling. Luckily, Ethan's mom Sarah came and picked us up and I was able to take a little nap on the way home.

The entire week was awesome. It was low-key and relaxed, no plans it was perfect. We spent a lot of time talking and hanging out which I loved because I got to know his family better. We don't get to spend a lot of time with his family, so it was awesome to be able sit and talk.

Each of the families were in charge of a couple different dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. I chose to do the pumpkin pies, finger jello, and the veggie tray. The veggie tray was less than desired during the actual dinner, but it eventually got eaten through the next couple days. Two of the little boys, however loved my finger jello and the pumpkin pies were a hit too! I felt pretty good about my dishes.

During the actual dinner, we each had time to say what we were thankful for, and I have to say, that was probably my favorite part of the entire trip. It was very special and a time with them I will truly cherish.

We flew back Saturday after Thanksgiving, where our friends Austin and Brennan came and picked us up. We stayed the night at their place and had a great time with them. We miss them and their adorable little Lainey. She is growing up so fast and she totally loves us! Even after months of not seeing her, she smiles and loves playing with us. We drove back Sunday night and it was back to real life after being gone for over a week.

That was, until today, when we woke up to a power outage that spanned about a 20-40 mile radius around Rexburg. I couldn't go into work and the school was closed, so we spent all morning in bed catching up on some much needed sleep! The power came back on about 1:00pm, so we got ready to go to work.

We also received some exciting news!! Ethan went to Portland the week before Thanksgiving for a job interview. We heard back while we were in Charlotte, and they offered him a position!! We don't know where it would be yet (they have places all over the country), and we have until January to make the decision, but we're so thankful for this offer and we hope to get a couple more!


No comments:

Post a Comment