Tuesday, December 10, 2013

18 Weeks

Well, it's official (and has been for a while). We are pregnant and have a little mini Ethan in May!

We found out back in September that I was actually pregnant. I was positive I was pregnant, but after many negative tests, I decided to take a test. I wanted to be sure before I told Ethan again (that's a whole other story). I went to the store to pick up some tests and hid them in our downstairs bathroom. The next morning I woke up before Ethan and went downstairs. In less than a minute my suspicion was confirmed! It was positive!

I wanted to wait so I could do something fun to surprise Ethan. I designed a little announcement that I said was for my friend Brennan's client, and then secretly took of video of it on my computer. Here's the video:
Here's the announcement I showed him:

(I know it's a little blurry, but I don't want to have to go remake it a bigger size.)

I ended up showing him the test so he finally was able to believe me!
Here's a little questionnaire to give you all a little snippet of how the pregnancy is going!

How far along? 18 weeks
How big is baby? I think they said it was about 6 inches long (I don't remember how much they said it weighs)

Total weight gain/loss:  7 lbs. It's a little rough on me, not going to lie.

Maternity clothes? No maternity clothes yet. I've looked for some jeans but I have no found a single pair I like. Why do they not have pocket details?!

Sleep: Depends on the night, but I would say 98% of the time I sleep great.

Best moment this week: Warming up to the idea I'm having a boy. :)

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings:  I don't have cravings, but I do allow myself to have other stuff besides a chicken caesar salad when we go out to eat. :)


Food Aversions: Nope, and never did. :)

Gender: It's a boy

Labor Signs:  Nope, which is good. It's a little too early for that.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Thankfully I never got sick! I would say the only symptoms I had was a tender chest (getting elbowed in basketball was 1000x more painful than usual thanks to that!), and I was absolutely EXHAUSTED! But I found out I had low thyroid and that's actually helped a lot. Other than those, no real symptoms for me and I'm not going to complain!

Belly Button in or out? It's still in.

What I miss:  Basketball. I took a pretty hard hit so after our last game, I decided it was probably better that I stop. It kills me to not go play pick-up ball!

What I am looking forward to: Seeing what he looks like. From the ultrasound it looks like he's going to look a lot like his dad!

Upcoming appointments/events:  My next appointment will be my 20 week appointment

Milestones: Finally telling everyone I'm pregnant. 

I told you he's a mini Ethan. He definitely has his nose and his eye position. He may end up having my chin though.

No comments:

Post a Comment