Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Eve

I love New Year's Eve. I love that it's the culminating day of an entire year that we just went through. We're usually looking back fondly (because a lot of the not-so-great stuff we tried to forget) and are looking forward to a brand new year, a new slate, and a new opportunity for growth and development. 

We didn't do anything overly exciting. We went to Carrabbas with the Esselman's; delicious bread, subpar food and service. But we talked about the future, what we wanted, and what things were coming up for everyone. We went back to their house for games and to watch the ball drop. Every year I watch the ball drop I think, I would love to be there with everyone, celebrating, soaking up the energy that's there. The things people don't talk about, is how you are literally there ALL DAY! Not being able to use the rest rooms, some people using the road to relieve themselves.. Maybe watching from the comfort of my couch isn't all that bad. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment