Friday, January 29, 2016

My first Krispy Kreme

It may be weird, but I was one of those people that had never had a Krispy Kreme donut. How does that happen? I don't really know, other than I was never a big fan of donuts because they were a little too sweet and would hurt my teeth. Over the years, I've gotten over the too sweet factor, but I still had never had a Krispy Kreme.

Ethan and I went on a date to the cheap theater here, but when we got there, we realized they weren't playing the movie we thought, so we chose another movie, but had 20 minutes to kill. There just happened to be a Krispy Kreme in the same parking lot–conveniently.

We decided to take the leap. I've heard that the only way to eat a Krispy Kreme is hot, right off the conveyor belt. We walked inside and the smell was heavenly. There were a few people in front of us, so we decided to watch the process. All of a sudden, the belt stops. Panic ensues and people run around crazily! Ok, so the manager walks over and they start wiggling some things, but they realize the machine is down. All I could think was, "This can't be happening. I've waited this long and this has to happen." The cashier calls us up to the counter and takes our order. He looks back at the belt, takes some that hadn't finished drying, put them in a bag and hands them to us free of charge!
They were the best free donuts we've ever had! I will definitely not wait 26 years before my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment