Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day

This Father's Day was a special one for our family this year. Not only was it Ethan's first Father's Day, but we were also able to be in Idaho with my own father and were surrounded by family for Nixon's blessing. (It was also the third anniversary of our first date. Look how far we've come since then!)
I thought I would say a few words about the important fathers in my life.

The first is my own dad.

He is one of the most amazing men I have ever met. He loves his family and the gospel and has also been an example to me. He serves so many and never asks for anything in return. I have had many people tell me how much they appreciate my dad and everything he has done for them. He is one of the most selfless people I know. Not only is he a great father, he's an awesome grandpa too!

The second is Ethan's dad Dwayne.
I remember the first time I met him, I knew that I would be so lucky to have him as my father-in-law. He is one of the most caring people I know. He loves his family and it shows every they're around him. He loves being a father, but I think he might like being Pa even more. I can't wait for Nixon to meet him in person! Thank you Dwayne for raising such an amazing son, to be the father of my own boy. 

Finally is the newest father in my life. 
I love watching Ethan with Nixon. His love and admiration for Nixon melts me. I could not have asked for a better father for my own children. He encompasses what I love most about my own dad as well as his own dad. I sure love him, and I'm thankful that he is my partner in raising our family. 

Happy Father's Day to all of you! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment