Friday, February 10, 2017

18 Weeks

Four months?? How can he already be four months! 
It's interesting to me how different Crew and Nixon's stats are. I know every child is different, but I would have just assumed that the two boys would be more similar.

Stats:
Height: 25.7 in (73rd Percentile)
Weight: 15 lb 8 oz (50th Percentile)
Head Circumference: 42.8 cm (82nd Percentile)

He had to get some shots, but this time I had a baby YouTube video playing and didn't even flinch with the first one. The second one got a little bit more of a reaction, but the second I picked him up he was great! He's tough! Just like with Nixon, they said he's fairly advanced with how mobile and strong he is, and that we can start him on some solids. We'll see how that goes!

For some reason I feel like time is going much faster with him than it did with Nixon. I swear, somedays I look at him and think, didn't I just get home from the hospital with him? But no.. it's been four months. While some of those weeks felt like they lasted an eternity, after they've passed, it feels like I've barely blinked.

This past week we finally got a real gut giggle out of him and I was LOVING it!!! I would have to say that's one of my most favorite things about babies is their giggle. First it sounds like they're in pain, but then they let it all out and it's a high shrill of joy.

He wakes up almost every morning around 8:00. Nixon is usually still sleeping, so every morning, I bring him into my room to nurse. After he's done, I lay in the bed with him and he makes the sweetest cooing sounds. He just stares at me with his big green eyes and eventually drifts back to sleep. I love those moments with him. It's moments like that that I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment