Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring break

Ethan had Spring break this past week and it was so fun having him home! We didn't do anything big or extravagant, but we were able to spend time with our little family.

On Monday, we finally finished painting the office. It was a little bittersweet, mostly sweet that we finally finished, but I'll miss going and working together with him. We haven't had many opportunities of working together like that, and we really enjoyed our time together. We were also able to watch The Bachelor again with our friends, Rylee & Jesse Esselman.

On Thursday, we decided that we wanted to take some time and go to the outlet mall here. We got out of the car and set a budget for the day. We ended up each getting one thing that we really liked and finished under budget! We had already allocated that money to shopping, so we figured we'd take the rest and hit up Smash Burger. It has a little sentimental value to us because that's where we went to dinner when we went to the ASU v. U of A football game while I lived in Mesa. Just as I remembered the burgers were absolutely fantastic and the fries were the perfect pair. It definitely hit the spot!

Saturday morning I had a women's conference to attend for church. It was a beautiful production, all based on the theme of "Daughter of a King." I was able to be in an all women's choir that sang a gorgeous medley arrangement of the songs, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me," and "I know that My redeemer lives." That evening we FINALLY went and saw The Mockingjay Part 1 at the cheap theater with the Esselmens. It. Was. Awesome! I'm so excited for part 2 to come out in November. Neither of us read the books, so seeing the moving actually has surprises for us!

I think this Spring break is just what we needed! I think the more time I spend together with my little family, the more I realize how blessed I truly am. So many times this week we would be hanging out in our bed with Nixon going back and forth, giving each one of us kisses, and I just thought, "This is what makes me truly happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment