Tuesday, March 3, 2015

44 Weeks

Don't let that sweet little smile fool you! This boy has sure given us a run for our money already this week. Ever since he was sick he has not been himself. Last night we had our friends Rylee and Jesse over to watch "The Bachelor." We put Nixon down about 8:30 PM and he was hysterical. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and went to calm him down. I brought him back to the living room with us, assuming that maybe he just wasn't tired enough. about 30 minutes later Ethan put him back down. For the next hour he screamed at decibels I've never heard before, at least from him. He finally fell asleep at about 10:00.

I felt so bad that I went into his room to give him a kiss and let him know that I loved him (yes, he was sleeping but I know he heard me). He was still whimpering and I could tell that he was completely hoarse. 

At about 11:45, I went back into his room to make sure he had a blanket over him. Right as I started walking out the door, he woke up crying. I knew it was my fault he woke up so I snuggled him for a few minutes and gave him a little bottle and made my way back out. He cried for a little bit but eventually went down for the night. 

I'm hoping this ends real quick! I don't know how much longer I can handle this. It's funny how I never really realized how different Nixon is, until he started being more like an average baby that whines and cries!

1 comment:

  1. Oh its so hard! I live this article on babies by Dr. Sears:http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/fussy-baby/letting-baby-cry-it-out-yes-no

    ReplyDelete