Tuesday, February 3, 2015

40 Weeks

As I was getting ready to write this, I thought to myself, "He's officially been out longer than he was in!" Then I remembered, that was true at 37 weeks because he came two weeks early. Sometimes I feel like my mind is somewhere else!
There was no smiles for this guy today no matter how hard I tried. It seems like for the past couple weeks he hasn't quite been himself. It started to make sense when his first tooth popped through. But after it was through, he still wasn't himself. Just this morning, Ethan brought him into me and we snuggled in bed for at least 30 minutes before he started trying to eat my face. Lo and behold, I caught a glimpse and what was there?
A second tooth popping through! Two teeth in two weeks. I guess it's making time up for not having them earlier! Maybe NOW (at least until others start coming through) he'll get back to his cheery, happy self. 

He still hasn't really decided to crawl all the time, but if there is a ledge, he will pull himself up and stand. Just the other evening, we were getting dinner ready and he had pulled himself up to one of the dining chairs. All of a sudden he, very wobbly, started pushing and taking steps with the chair! I tell you, seeing all these milestones come, especially one right after the other, makes me so proud to see him growing and developing. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up because I'm pretty sure his PJs say "Happy Camper".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they do. usually that's a true statement. This time.. it's just irony.

      Delete
  2. I was going to say the same thing about the "Happy Camper". Haha. Isn't it so fun watching them discover new things? I remember with Mason every new age he turned...12 months...18 months.. 2, they were all my "favorite age". It's awesome now that he's learning to read. They grow up fast, hang on mama!

    ReplyDelete