Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

I don't know if it's any surprise, but I am a total fan of group costumes. I was struggling to think of what we should be this year. It was going to be Nixon's first Halloween, so I wanted it to be out of the ordinary. With a little help from my brother Nathan, we settled on this:

Sacks of Idaho potatoes!
I ordered these old (and used), vintage Idaho Potato sacks from an Etsy shop. For mine and Ethan's costume all I did was pick the seam from the bottom, cut two arm holes, and threaded the top with some black ribbon.

For Nixon's costume, I just used a white onesies, and cut out a pattern on some cardboard. I used the template to then cut out the potato sack. I made sure it was about an inch bigger so when I was gluing it I could fold it over there there was a nice edge. And that was it! Put it with a pair of pants and you have a mini sack of potatoes!
We attended our ward Trunk-or-Treat, and without realizing there was even a costume competition, we won "Best Group Costume"! People loved our costume and we had fun wearing them.
Now.. what to do for next year?

2 comments: