Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Embarassment

A couple Sundays ago we were sitting in sacrament meeting in church. Nixon was sitting on Dwayne's lap as the sacrament was being passed around. The water got to our pew and Nixon was wanting to get his own water cup. He's quite independent, so I let him do it himself. As he was drinking the water, he spilled a good amount all over himself. To me it wasn't a big deal because it was water and would dry, but as the water continued down the row I saw Nixon's eyes tear up. He was so embarrassed. My heart broke for him as I sat and watched the disappointment and embarrassment eat him up. I couldn't help but tear up myself.

That was probably one of the first times I've ever really looked into his future and thought how I don't want him to ever experience this again. I never want him to feel these feelings again. I wanted to pick him up, snuggle him in close and tell him how much I loved him and how proud I am of him. But I just looked over to him, caught his eyes and smiled. He gave me a pity smile and sat quietly the rest of the meeting.

I know this isn't going to be the last time something like this happens, I just hope the next time I can be there to give him a hug and tell him I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment