Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot

I know it's been a little quiet over here, but there are some potentially big things happening, so I have put little attention on writing. But my sister sent over some pictures from our trip to Arizona for Thanksgiving so I thought I should probably get that written down!

About a month ago, we decided since we would be with Ethan's family for Christmas, we would go to my family for Thanksgiving. Kara is only about 5.5 hours away (without traffic) so it was perfect! We left Wednesday around 1:00pm. We got about an hour into the trip.. and then the traffic. I've seen worse in that area, but it was not something I was enjoying. Luckily Nixon was a total dream and slept 75% of the way there and was happy for another 24.9%. We finally pulled into Mesa around 8:00pm their time. We hung out for the rest of the night and had some great conversation.

Thursday morning came around and and it was time for the Gilbert Turkey Trot, whose proceeds go to help Kara's niece's charity. There was no way we were in shape to do a 5k and my sister is not a runner by any means. So we had the kids in tow, with the babies in the strollers and did the 1 mile fun run/walk.
We all walked together until the last little bit, and then I decided to finish strong. So I pumped Nixon up so he was ready for the ride and we jogged the last part of the race. I have no idea what my time was, but I finished jogging. I felt good about that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment